|Enter my gallery! Don't worry, I don't bite. I just impale those who do.|
So, just beat Ground Zeroes..... Well, I think I'm about 40% happy about it and about 60% disappointed about it. For five main things...
1. 30 bucks for a 75 minute game. Yeah, there are extra missions, but the main game was 75 minutes long.
2. The huge expansive multiplayer that Kojima promised, was not there. The 30 bucks could have been justified if did have the multiplayer. Again, Kojima lied to us here.
3. The health system. Kojima shitted on and hated on FPS's in the past, but now he is using the same health regen system. Remember the MGS4 trailers? The hell?
4. The rifles only fired on auto, no proper selection between auto and semi. Again, its blurring the line that makes Metal Gear so different from the standard FPS.
5. The controls need work. I shouldn't have to take my finger off the movement stick to change weapons and items, and while I kinda like how he used the limited item space from Portable Ops, it didn't need to be like that. He could have easily still used the classic L/R to change items/weapons.
So, on the flip side, so it isn't all that negative. I really enjoyed the darker storyline, the child prisoners, and the more gruesome aspects of war. I also liked the new stealth abilities. Diving down, the bullet time-esque reaction time, etc etc. And, I'm not so sure that Keifer Sutherland is pulling a good David Hayter Big Boss, buuuuuuut it is Keifer Sutherland, which makes it all the bad ass.
I think Phantom Pain is going to be good, and it will be even more amazing if Kojima turns it back into Metal Gear, and not a typical shooter. Reverting the item/weapon selection controls, reverting the health system, and add selective firing modes, etc etc. Or you know, just have it classic MGS style with just a standard health bar and rations.
I'm still very much annoyed about the bull crap here. Kojima pulled a straight up Capcom and this game just printed out money for him. The price had a big impact here. I would totally pay 10 or 15 bucks for this less than 2 hours worth of Metal Gear, but not 30 bucks, and especially with out the promised multiplayer. Despite not doing a damned important thing yet in the series, Master Miller says it perfectly, "they played us like a DAMN FIDDLE!"
On a side note, I have to change my deviation of my "FAL-16" now that I have the confirmed name of the rifle.